Robert O'Brien: Trump's national security adviser tests positive for coronavirus
Robert O’Brien, President Donald Trump’s national security adviser, tested positive for Covid-19 after attending a family event and has been self-isolating at his home while working remotely, according to reports.Robert O’Brien, President
Donald Trump’s national security adviser, tested positive for Covid-19 after attending a family event and has been self-isolating at his home while working remotely, according to reports.
The 54-year-old Republican is the fourth national security adviser to serve in the White House under Mr Trump, and has held the position since 2019. His diagnosis was first reported by Bloomberg News’ White House reporter Jennifer Jacobs.
He was the closest White House official to the president known to have contracted the novel coronavirus, which has killed at least 149,000 Americans since the beginning of the global pandemic.
Mr O’Brien’s office in the White House was situated close to the Oval Office, Bloomberg News reported, as well as an office occupied by the vice president in the West Wing.undefined
The White House has significant testing and tracing capabilities for its own staff and key officials close to the president, who are reportedly tested daily for Covid-19. The White House confirmed Mr O'Brien's diagnosis in a statement to The
Independent, saying he has mild symptoms associated with the virus.undefined"National Security Adviser Robert O’Brien tested positive for COVID-19," the White House said. "He has mild symptoms and has been self-isolating."
The White House statement also said "there is no risk of exposure to the President or the Vice President" and that "the work of the National Security Council continues uninterrupted" as Mr O'Brien works from a "secure" off site location.
Reference: Independent: Chris Riotta 1 day ago: 27th July 2020
Articles - Most Read
- LIVER DIS-EASE AND GALL BLADDER DIS-EASE
- African Wholistics - Medicines, Machines and Ignorance
- African Holistics - Seduced by Ignorance and Research
- African Wholistics -The Overlooked Revolution
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-3
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-2
- 'Tortured' and shackled pupils freed from Nigerian Islamic school
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-5
- African Wholistics - Medicine
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-4
Who's On Line?
We have 193 guests and no members online
Articles - Latest
- Simon Cowell updates fans in first tweet since breaking back in bike accident
- Mass thermal ‘ineffective’ in limiting spread of Covid-19
- Indian temple reports huge coronavirus outbreak as cases surge
- Actor Antonio Banderas tests positive for coronavirus
- Over 100 Americans died after taking hydroxychloroquine for COVID-19
- 'Everyone tested positive': Covid devastates agriculture workers in California's heartland
- Coronavirus: One man attending Ohio church service led to infection of 91 others
- Americans warned not to drink hand sanitiser after four die
- Persistent hiccups could be a new symptom of coronavirus, doctors warn
- Prince Joachim leaves hospital nine days after emergency brain surgery
- UK 'likely to reject' Russia coronavirus vaccine set for mass rollout in October
- Want to slash the risk of dementia by a third? Sort out your hearing!