Susan Sarandon met with motor neurone disease sufferers to prepare for Blackbird
Susan Sarandon, Kate Winslet and their Blackbird co-stars met with motor neurone disease sufferers to prepare for the film.Susan Sarandon, Kate Winslet and their Blackbird co-stars met with motor neurone disease sufferers to prepare for the film.Roger Michell's latest film follows a family that reunites over a long weekend for a final hurrah before Sarandon's terminally ill matriarch Lily, who is suffering from the degenerative disease, which is also known as ALS, intends to end her life with the help of her husband.
During rehearsals for the film, the ensemble cast, which also includes Sam Neill, Rainn Wilson, and Mia Wasikowska, met with sufferers to prepare for their roles.
"We all spent a week locked away in a room in London rehearsing the film before we started shooting it and one of things we did was to spend time with people who are suffering from ALS or motor neurone disease," Michell exclusively told
Cover Media. "(We) also spent time with people who care for sufferers of motor neuron disease and that was a very important part of our process, and it, in a way, vindicated and substantiated the whole point of doing the film.
"We were very affected by the people who we met and their courage but also their normalness, they’re obviously just like you or me, they are just people who without warning in the midst of life are struck down by a mysterious, unsolvable, incurable, very cruel disease."
Diane Keaton was originally cast in the role of Lily but had to drop out due to scheduling conflicts and the Thelma & Louise star signed up to replace her within a week.
"I obviously cannot imagine anyone else playing that part, she’s absolutely brilliant in it. It’s astonishing what she does – so subtle yet so full of truth and life. I loved working with her," the Notting Hill filmmaker gushed.
Reference:Cover Media: 28/09/2020
Articles - Most Read
- LIVER DIS-EASE AND GALL BLADDER DIS-EASE
- African Wholistics - Medicines, Machines and Ignorance
- African Holistics - Seduced by Ignorance and Research
- African Wholistics -The Overlooked Revolution
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-3
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-2
- 'Tortured' and shackled pupils freed from Nigerian Islamic school
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-5
- African Wholistics - Medicine
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-4
- The Children of the Sun-3
- The Serpent and the RainBow-The Jaguar - 2
- Kidney Stones-African Holistic Health
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-6
- King Leopold's Ghost - Introduction
Who's On Line?
We have 98 guests and one member online
Articles - Latest
- 130 Secret Service officers enter quarantine after testing positive for coronavirus or being exposed to Trump
- Billionaire Trump donors contract Covid-19 after downplaying risks
- Coronavirus infections surge in Italian jails - guards' union
- Better test and trace can give London back its bustle
- Pfizer covid vaccine - everything we know so far
- Prince William 'tested positive for coronavirus' in April
- The K factor: why it matters where we are infected with the coronavirus
- Arnold Schwarzenegger’s son tells him ‘please don’t work out today’ after actor undergoes heart surgery
- Racial discrimination widespread in NHS job offers, says report
- Experimental COVID-19 vaccine is made available to Chinese residents
- 5 natural remedies to treat IBS at home
- 20 secrets your DNA could reveal
- Orthorexia: Causes, symptoms and treatment
- NHS faces drug shortages as Brexit stockpile used in Covid crisis
- Furious Stars Tear Into Donald Trump Following Latest Coronavirus Comments: 'Gasping For Air. And Credibility'
- Trump received rare and expensive coronavirus treatment - and then told Americans not to be afraid
- Susan Sarandon met with motor neurone disease sufferers to prepare for Blackbird