Brazilian president Bolsonaro in hospital with abdominal pain after 10 days of hiccups
Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro has been hospitalised with abdominal pain after suffering 10 days of non-stop hiccuping.
According to sources at the presidential palace, the 66-year-old felt the pain in the evening before he was admitted to a military hospital in Brasilia.
He is now undergoing “tests to investigate the cause of his hiccups.”
Bolsonaro’s press office told CNN that medical experts had advised that he remain under observation for a period of 24 to 48 hours.
But the monitoring did not necessarily have to be in the hospital, they added.
Despite the president’s condition, sources told CNN that he is still doing “well.”
His hospitalisation comes a year after he battled Covid-19.
Mr Bolsonaro, who underwent surgery after he was stabbed during his campaign trial in 2018, is said to have complained for more than a week about the hiccups.
He said they had been causing him difficulties when speaking in public.
On Tuesday during an address, he told his supporters that he was “voiceless” and worried that he spoke too much the “hiccup bout” would return.
Last week Thursday at a virtual event he echoed the same concerns and told listeners: “I may not be able to express myself properly on this live,” he listeners.”
Reference: Evening Dtandard: Abbianca Makoni
Articles - Most Read
- LIVER DIS-EASE AND GALL BLADDER DIS-EASE
- African Wholistics - Medicines, Machines and Ignorance
- African Holistics - Seduced by Ignorance and Research
- African Wholistics -The Overlooked Revolution
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-3
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-2
- 'Tortured' and shackled pupils freed from Nigerian Islamic school
- The Children of the Sun-3
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-5
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-4
- Kidney Stones-African Holistic Health
- African Wholistics - Medicine
- The Serpent and the RainBow-The Jaguar - 2
- King Leopold's Ghost - Introduction
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-6
Who's On Line?
We have 39 guests and one member online
Articles - Latest
- Autism: What is it and what are the signs that someone might have it?
- Tokyo 2020: What are the dark circles on the swimmers’ backs?
- England to scrap quarantine for fully vaccinated EU and US citizens from Aug 2
- Third of people now have serious health problems by 40s - see list of most common issues
- Ronaldo's sister is in hospital with pneumonia after catching Covid
- Deaf woman wins legal fight over sign language in Covid briefings
- NHS trust tells staff white privilege is 'going on night out and not being worried you won't get in'
- 'My husband had a bleed on the brain at 33 years old and now can't speak properly'
- Hillsong Church member, 34, dies of Covid after publicly speaking out against vaccine
- 'Superbug' fungus resistant to major drugs is found in two cities
- India reports more than 4,300 deaths from Covid-linked ‘black fungus’ infection
- Heatstroke symptoms and treatment: The signs you need to know
- 3% pay rise for NHS staff in England attacked as 'paltry, appalling and shambolic'
- Pfizer vaccine linked to Bell’s palsy after man suffers facial paralysis
- Mark Hoppus has stage 4 lymphoma
- DR ELLIE CANNON: Cramp in my calf is spreading - I blame statins
- Double jabbed: How common is it to test positive after having both vaccines?