SIX out of every 1 million develop heart inflammation after a 2nd dose
Americans are much more likely to develop rare heart inflammation after the second dose of a COVID-19 vaccine compared to the first dose, a new study suggests.
Researchers from Kaiser Permanente Southern California (KPSC) found that less than one out of every one million people who receive the first dose of either the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccine will develop the condition within the next ten days.
Comparatively, six out of every million will develop heart inflammation within ten days of the second dose.
But unvaccinated people are still at a much higher risk.
The team found that 47.5 out of every one million people who had not had their shots and underwent health screenings had the condition.
The findings suggest that myocarditis is a rare side effect of the vaccine, and people should feel safe in receiving the jabs.
Myocarditis, the medical name for heart inflammation, is a known side effect of viral infections like Covid.
The condition has also been discovered as a potential side effect of the vaccines, with younger males being at an especially high risk but at a much lower rate than if they had contracted the virus.
For the study, published in JAMA Internal Medicine on Monday, the KPSC team gathered data from more than 2.3 million patients in its Southern California health care system.
Researchers investigated medical records of participants to find who had received medical care for myocarditis in the ten days following the jab.
Two participants were found to have developed myocarditis after receiving the first shot, or 0.8 out of every one million people.
© Provided by Daily Mail
By comparison, more that 2.2 million participants returned for screening after the second shot, with 13 - or 5.8 out of every million - having the condition.
This means that people are seven times more likely to develop the condition after the second dose rather than the first.
Those that developed the condition were evenly split between participants who received the Pfizer and Moderna shots.
For a control group, researchers also gathered data from 1.5 million unvaccinated people over the course of the study period.
Around 47.5 out of every one million unvaccinated people were found to have developed the condition.
While those in the control group were not specifically selected because they had previously contracted the virus, it is likely that Covid did cause the condition in unvaccinated people.
This means unvaccinated people are eight times as likely to develop myocarditis than people are after receiving the shots.
Every participant who was found to develop heart inflammation after receiving the vaccine in the study was a male.
This is a known trend, with the Centers for Disease Control and Convention (CDC) warning that younger males are particularly vulnerable to myocarditis after receiving the vaccine.
A Gallup poll from the end of July found that fear of side effects - of which the most common serious side effect is myocarditis - is the most cited reason for vaccine hesitancy.
This KPSC study finds that people who do receive the jabs are much more likely to experience these negative side effects than those who do not get the shots.
Data from the CDC confirms this as well, with the agency reporting that nearly 1,500 out of every million people who are hospitalized with Covid develop heart inflammation.
Heart inflammation can often lead to fatigue, shortness of breath and chest pain for patients.
People with inflamed hearts are at a higher risk for heart failure, heart attacks and strokes.
Attempting strenuous physical activity with an inflamed heart could also potentially lead to sudden cardiac arrest, or even death.
Reference: Mansur Shaheen For Dailymail.Com
Articles - Most Read
- LIVER DIS-EASE AND GALL BLADDER DIS-EASE
- African Wholistics - Medicines, Machines and Ignorance
- African Holistics - Seduced by Ignorance and Research
- African Wholistics -The Overlooked Revolution
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-3
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-2
- 'Tortured' and shackled pupils freed from Nigerian Islamic school
- The Children of the Sun-3
- Kidney Stones-African Holistic Health
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-5
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-4
- The Serpent and the RainBow-The Jaguar - 2
- African Wholistics - Medicine
- King Leopold's Ghost - Introduction
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-6
- The Mystery System
- The Black Pharaohs Nubian Pharaohs of Ancient Egypt
- Great Kings and Queens of Africa
- The Children of the Sun - 4
- Enslavement to Emancipation
- Africa - A Brief History - 2
- Medicines Machines and Ignorance-2
Who's On Line?
We have 64 guests and no members online
Articles - Latest
- Tuberculosis deaths rise for first time in over a decade due to impact of Covid pandemic, says WHO
- Woman denied liver transplant because she refuses Covid vaccine
- Everything you need to know about urinary tract infections in old age
- New treatment destroys head and neck cancer tumours in trial
- Vitamin D deficiency: The surprising supplement that could stave off the condition
- Tolerance of cannabis is growing just as scientists show that it can cause insanity
- What is a panic attack? How to spot the signs and be able to tackle it
- E.coli contamination alert over tap water in thousands of homes
- What is PTSD? Symptoms, causes and how you can get help for it
- The Serpent And The Rainbow- The Frontier of Death - 3
- ‘This illness alone is a pandemic’: Sickle cell patients hit by distressing delay in treatment during Covid-19
- SIX out of every 1 million develop heart inflammation after a 2nd dose
- Doctors in Lithuania remove nails and screws from man's stomach
- New Covid-19 pill in Germany exceeds all expectations
- How MDMA and magic mushrooms could be used to treat mental illness
- Reduce paracetamol use, experts tell pregnant women
- A doctor is raising awareness for ovarian cancer symptoms after hers were mistaken for a UTI
- Normal blood testing to resume after NHS supplies bolstered by US stocks
- What's the rarest blood type?
- Oxygen therapy may slow Alzheimer’s, study finds
- The Traders are Kidnapping Our People-4-King Leopold's Ghost
- What are the signs of dyspraxia and do you have it?