Woman dies in hot car outside Las Vegas-area VA hospital after being turned away
A woman died in a hot car after being turned away from a Nevada VA hospital during the pandemic because of Covid rules as her husband received treatment.
KLAS: A woman died in a hot car after being turned away from a Nevada VA hospital during the pandemic because of Covid rules as her husband received treatment
Lear Litt, 75, was denied entry as a visitor to the North Las Vegas VA Hospital and was later found unconscious outside in her car in 110 degree heat.
Her husband David, a military veteran, was receiving a transfusion in August 2020, when visitors were not permitted inside the hospital because of strict restrictions.
Clark County Coroner’s office records state that a doctor saw Ms Litt inside the car, which had its windows down but no AC running, at around 12pm, according to KLAS.
She told the doctor that she did not have enough gas in the vehicle to let it run as she waited for her husband.
Mr Litt says at around 2.30pm he asked hospital staff to check on his wife, who he could not reach on the phone, and shortly after heard an announcement for “Rapid response in the parking lot.”
His wife was found unresponsive with a body temperature of 109 degrees, reported the news station.
“Someone’s doing compressions and I’m across the hall from where this is taking place, but I knew it was her,” Mr Litt told the news network.
“Without even seeing it, I knew it was her.”
Despite efforts to revive her, Ms Litt was pronounced dead inside the hospital.
“The unfortunate reality was we spent so much time on risk assessing, protect veterans, protect staff and after that incident occurred, we had to take a step back and say, well, there is a secondary risk too because of the weather out here,” said William Caron, the head of VA Southern Nevada Healthcare System.
Multiple departments at the VA hospital have investigated the incident, but KLAS says that they were denied the results.
Reference: Independent: Graeme Massie
No thoughts on “Woman dies in hot car outside Las Vegas-area VA hospital after being turned away”
Articles - Most Read
- LIVER DIS-EASE AND GALL BLADDER DIS-EASE
- African Wholistics - Medicines, Machines and Ignorance
- African Holistics - Seduced by Ignorance and Research
- African Wholistics -The Overlooked Revolution
- The Children of the Sun-3
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-3
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-2
- 'Tortured' and shackled pupils freed from Nigerian Islamic school
- Kidney Stones-African Holistic Health
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-5
- The Serpent and the RainBow-The Jaguar - 2
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-4
- King Leopold's Ghost - Introduction
- African Wholistics - Medicine
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-6
- The Mystery System
- The Black Pharaohs Nubian Pharaohs of Ancient Egypt
- The Children of the Sun - 4
- Africa - A Brief History - 2
- Great Kings and Queens of Africa
- Enslavement to Emancipation
- Medicines Machines and Ignorance-2
Who's On Line?
We have 246 guests and no members online
Articles - Latest
- Parkinson's disease: The problems with peeing associated with the condition
- What is broken heart syndrome?
- Doctor who nearly killed girlfriend during exorcism rituals struck off
- Mentally ill man stabbed his father, 81, to death as he sat in armchair at home
- Oesophageal cancer symptoms: 'A sensation of hoarseness' is a sign - what to spot
- Vladimir Putin may have invaded Ukraine due to cancer affecting his decisions, expert claims
- Cancer: Four sensations in the leg could be among ‘first clues' signalling 'lethal' cancer
- High cholesterol: 'Monounsaturated fats help protect your heart' - foods to include
- Arthritis: How to improve synovial fluid to ease pain and promote healthier joints
- DWP: PIP explained and the 19 health conditions that could get you £156 extra a week
- B12 deficiency: BMJ warns low B12 can cause 'permanent neurologic damage' - five signs
- New drug saves cataract sufferers from surgery
- Wire cutters and drill bits among the items left inside NHS patients
- Five natural ways to help treat hay fever
- Mouth cancer symptoms: Are you experiencing ear pain? Check with your GP
- Lethal drug 10,000 times stronger than morphine is being sold on the dark web
- Why Emphysema May Often Be Missed in Black Men
- It’s Coeliac Awareness Week and this is the financial burden of a gluten-free diet to stay healthy
- Ibuprofen warning: Mixing painkiller and blood pressure pills could damage kidneys