Why Chicory is healthy: Nutrition facts
Benefits by Leticia Soares
- Chicory may help in weight loss. The vegetable is a source of dietary fiber, which helps to prolong the feeling of satiety, you will feel more full for longer, eat less and loosing weight will be easier. Chicory is also low in calories, in 100 grams of the vegetable there are only 17 calories.
- Chicory can help prevent cardiovascular diseases. Chicory is rich in flavonoids, potassium and soluble fiber. These substances help reduce the absorption of cholesterol in the intestines, help lower blood pressure and keep blood vessel walls healthy.
- Chicory relieves symptoms of stress and anxiety. The vegetable has calming properties that help reduce any stress and the excitability of the central nervous system.
- Chicory can help prevent constipation and digestion disorders. The vegetable is rich in fiber, which helps in bowel movements. Chicory also helps to reduce stomach acidity, reducing symptoms of heart burn, reflux and indigestion.
- Chicory can prevent inflammatory diseases. Chicory roots have anti-inflammatory properties, and this might be due to the inhibition of various cytokines, antioxidant properties and their free radicals scavenging effects.
- Chicory has antibacterial and antioxidant effects, which reduces the chances of contracting diseases.
- Chicory helps in weight loss. It has a satiating effect due to content of fiber.
- Chicory helps in the secretion of gastric juices that facilitate the digestion.
Benefits by Jodie Bennett
- Chicory is an amazing source of inulin which is a type of fibre so it's great for the digestive system.
- Chicory also contains a lot of antioxidants that help boost your immune system and fight against free radicals within the body.
Reference: Story by Leticia Soares, Luciana M. Cherubin, Jodie Bennett • 13 Nov
No thoughts on “Why Chicory is healthy: Nutrition facts”
Articles - Most Read
- LIVER DIS-EASE AND GALL BLADDER DIS-EASE
- African Wholistics - Medicines, Machines and Ignorance
- African Holistics - Seduced by Ignorance and Research
- African Wholistics -The Overlooked Revolution
- The Children of the Sun-3
- Kidney Stones-African Holistic Health
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-3
- 'Tortured' and shackled pupils freed from Nigerian Islamic school
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-2
- The Serpent and the RainBow-The Jaguar - 2
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-5
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-4
- King Leopold's Ghost - Introduction
- African Wholistics - Medicine
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-6
- The Mystery System
- The Black Pharaohs Nubian Pharaohs of Ancient Egypt
- The Children of the Sun - 4
- Africa - A Brief History - 2
Who's On Line?
We have 52 guests and 2 members online
Ad Agency Remote
Articles - Latest
- Professional FAQs: Is jackfruit the next big meat substitute?
- Nurses are struggling – our strike has been a long time coming
- Is cardamom an effective sedative? Find out what the experts say
- Showers may save energy, but there’s nothing a bath can’t cure
- Kale: Nutrition tips from experts
- Florida doctor accused of raping patients after plying them with laughing gas and tequila
- Is Rambutan a superfood? Find out what the experts say, get serving sizes, and health concerns
- Universal flu vaccine could be ready for human use in two years – expert
- Ask an expert: Is gooseberry good for diabetes?
- Eight women die in Mexico from aseptic meningitis caused by a fungus present in an anesthetic
- Hear from the experts on Butter, plus serving sizes, and health risks
- Tendonitis in two areas could signal ‘extremely high' cholesterol levels - expert
- Red Leaf Lettuce: Hear from the experts on why they're good to eat, health risks, and more
- Haematochezia found to be most accurate symptom of bowel cancer - 99.4% specificity
- Lychee: Expert opinions and healthy portions
- Consuming two tablespoons of honey improves blood sugar and cholesterol levels, study finds
- ‘Burping' could be a sign of serious condition 'SIBO', warns expert - other signs to spot
- Why Chicory is healthy: Nutrition facts
- Mouth cancer causes grow as cases skyrocket in UK