Angular cheilitis Warning Signs: What to Look Out For
© Provided by Getty Images
An inflammatory condition which causes swollen red patches at corners of the mouth. It could occur either on one side or both sides of the lips at a same time.
If you're experiencing new, severe, or persistent symptoms, contact a health care provider.
The characteristic symptom is sores at the corner of the mouth, either on one side or both sides of the lips. The other symptoms include:
- Painful cracks of lip
- Dry lips
- Burning sensation
- Swollen lips
- Burning feeling on your lips or mouth
- Difficulty in eating as a result of irritation
- Scaly corners
- Bad taste in the mouth
Angular cheilitis can cause for various reasons.
- The most common cause is yeast infection.
Oral thrush - an infection caused by fungus candida albicans. Dribble of saliva can get accumulated in the corners of the lip, which causes the lips to crack, making it more vulnerable for yeast to grow.
- Dry chapped lips
- Infection from either bacteria, yeasts or virus
More common among children and older adults, the other risk factors include
Reference: Dr. Aakash Gupta, MBBS, MD FRGUHS Dermatology
No thoughts on “Angular cheilitis Warning Signs: What to Look Out For”
Articles - Most Read
- LIVER DIS-EASE AND GALL BLADDER DIS-EASE
- African Wholistics - Medicines, Machines and Ignorance
- African Holistics - Seduced by Ignorance and Research
- African Wholistics -The Overlooked Revolution
- The Children of the Sun-3
- Kidney Stones-African Holistic Health
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-3
- 'Tortured' and shackled pupils freed from Nigerian Islamic school
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-2
- The Serpent and the RainBow-The Jaguar - 2
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-4
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-5
- King Leopold's Ghost - Introduction
- African Wholistics - Medicine
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-6
- The Mystery System
- The Black Pharaohs Nubian Pharaohs of Ancient Egypt
Who's On Line?
We have 112 guests and no members online
Ad Agency Remote
Articles - Latest
- Everything you need to know about mangosteen
- Should I worry about my clicking joints – and stop cracking my knuckles?
- The Children Of the Sun-Asia-4
- THE HEALTH BENEFITS OF MUSTARD
- Prickly heat - expert shares four signs you have heat rash and how to treat it
- Suffering with eye eczema? Experts reveal how to treat the symptoms
- Peanut Butter Nutrition Facts and Health Benefits
- Hypertension - High Blood Pressure - Stress
- What Is Spelt, and Is It Good for You?
- Groundbreaking treatment helps repair vision after eye injury
- The Benefits of Eating Groats
- Five signs when walking that could indicate Lewy body dementia - seek medical help
- What Are Chickpeas and Are They Healthy?
- Six new medicines approved including first treatment for rare heart condition
- Peanuts 101: Nutrition Facts and Health Benefits
- What is mouth and oropharyngeal cancer?
- Certain fruits eaten an 'hour' before bed may 'significantly increase' sleep efficiency
- Scientists sequence Beethoven’s genome using locks of his hair
- Lemongrass: Expert opinions and healthy portions