Ask an expert: Is it better to eat cooked onions for patients with inflammation of the esophagus?
Expert opinion from Jodie Bennett
BSC. Food Science and Nutrition · 6 years of experience · UK
It is highly recommended that if you suffer from inflammation of the esophagus, that you should avoid consuming raw onions. This is because raw onions may aggravate the esophagus and may cause acid reflux and heartburn. Instead, you could try sautéing the onions to help reduce the chances of experiencing discomfort.
Expert opinion from Roseane M Silva
Master in Health Sciences, Bachelor in Nutrition · 7 years of experience · Brazil
To and avoid the burning symptoms, one can use the fuel reduction option, its version can reduce the onion burning process, its version is shortened.
Expert opinion from Felicitas Bouche Ocampo
Nutrition Professor, Bachelor's Human Nutritional Sciences · 5 years of experience · Argentina
People with esophagus inflammation should avoid eating onions, as well as garlic, caffeine, spicy foods and other irritating foods. Anyway, very well cooked onions are a better option compared to raw onions when having to choose one of these for a meal indicated to a patient that has esophagus inflammation.
Reference: Microsoft Start Health: Jodie Bennett, Roseane M Silva, Felicitas Bouche Ocampo
No thoughts on “Ask an expert: Is it better to eat cooked onions for patients with inflammation of the esophagus?”
Articles - Most Read
- LIVER DIS-EASE AND GALL BLADDER DIS-EASE
- African Wholistics - Medicines, Machines and Ignorance
- African Holistics - Seduced by Ignorance and Research
- African Wholistics -The Overlooked Revolution
- The Children of the Sun-3
- Kidney Stones-African Holistic Health
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-3
- 'Tortured' and shackled pupils freed from Nigerian Islamic school
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-2
- The Serpent and the RainBow-The Jaguar - 2
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-4
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-5
- King Leopold's Ghost - Introduction
- African Wholistics - Medicine
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-6
- The Mystery System
- The Black Pharaohs Nubian Pharaohs of Ancient Egypt
Who's On Line?
We have 166 guests and no members online
Ad Agency Remote
Articles - Latest
- Certain fruits eaten an 'hour' before bed may 'significantly increase' sleep efficiency
- Scientists sequence Beethoven’s genome using locks of his hair
- Lemongrass: Expert opinions and healthy portions
- Dancer bitten by mosquito on holiday wakes up with no arms or legs
- Is Cayenne pepper a superfood? Find out what the experts say, get serving sizes, and health concerns
- Equatorial Guinea confirms Marburg outbreak – nine dead, 4,000 in quarantine Story by Harriet Barber
- Celtuce: Experts weigh in on health benefits, nutrition facts, and more
- Deep Vein Thrombosis : What is it & treatments Story by Dr. Kabir Sethi, DM Cardiology •
- Sea Beet: Experts weigh in on health benefits, nutrition facts, and more
- 45-year-old woman damages liver from drinking herbal brew - dangerous 'side effects' Story by Solen Le Net •
- Woman, 80, developed toxic reaction after months of using toothpaste with baking soda
- Bitter gourd: How much should you eat? The pros sound off.
- 'Liver transplant candidates' often report one of two symptoms on their tongue - study
- Watermelon: Expert opinions, health risks, and more
- Doctors warn of 'tech neck' - which could even require surgery
- What is artichoke extract good for? Find out what the experts say
- Eye drops linked to lethal infection urgently recalled: ‘Immediately stop using them’
- Ask an expert: Is it better to eat cooked onions for patients with inflammation of the esophagus?
- Angular cheilitis Warning Signs: What to Look Out For