Ask an expert: Is it better to eat cooked onions for patients with inflammation of the esophagus?
Expert opinion from Jodie Bennett
BSC. Food Science and Nutrition · 6 years of experience · UK
It is highly recommended that if you suffer from inflammation of the esophagus, that you should avoid consuming raw onions. This is because raw onions may aggravate the esophagus and may cause acid reflux and heartburn. Instead, you could try sautéing the onions to help reduce the chances of experiencing discomfort.
Expert opinion from Roseane M Silva
Master in Health Sciences, Bachelor in Nutrition · 7 years of experience · Brazil
To and avoid the burning symptoms, one can use the fuel reduction option, its version can reduce the onion burning process, its version is shortened.
Expert opinion from Felicitas Bouche Ocampo
Nutrition Professor, Bachelor's Human Nutritional Sciences · 5 years of experience · Argentina
People with esophagus inflammation should avoid eating onions, as well as garlic, caffeine, spicy foods and other irritating foods. Anyway, very well cooked onions are a better option compared to raw onions when having to choose one of these for a meal indicated to a patient that has esophagus inflammation.
Reference: Microsoft Start Health: Jodie Bennett, Roseane M Silva, Felicitas Bouche Ocampo
No thoughts on “Ask an expert: Is it better to eat cooked onions for patients with inflammation of the esophagus?”
Articles - Most Read
- LIVER DIS-EASE AND GALL BLADDER DIS-EASE
- African Wholistics - Medicines, Machines and Ignorance
- African Holistics - Seduced by Ignorance and Research
- African Wholistics -The Overlooked Revolution
- The Children of the Sun-3
- Kidney Stones-African Holistic Health
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-3
- 'Tortured' and shackled pupils freed from Nigerian Islamic school
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-2
- The Serpent and the RainBow-The Jaguar - 2
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-4
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-5
- King Leopold's Ghost - Introduction
- African Wholistics - Medicine
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-6
- The Mystery System
- The Black Pharaohs Nubian Pharaohs of Ancient Egypt
Who's On Line?
We have 114 guests and no members online
Ad Agency Remote
Articles - Latest
- Everything you need to know about mangosteen
- Should I worry about my clicking joints – and stop cracking my knuckles?
- The Children Of the Sun-Asia-4
- THE HEALTH BENEFITS OF MUSTARD
- Prickly heat - expert shares four signs you have heat rash and how to treat it
- Suffering with eye eczema? Experts reveal how to treat the symptoms
- Peanut Butter Nutrition Facts and Health Benefits
- Hypertension - High Blood Pressure - Stress
- What Is Spelt, and Is It Good for You?
- Groundbreaking treatment helps repair vision after eye injury
- The Benefits of Eating Groats
- Five signs when walking that could indicate Lewy body dementia - seek medical help
- What Are Chickpeas and Are They Healthy?
- Six new medicines approved including first treatment for rare heart condition
- Peanuts 101: Nutrition Facts and Health Benefits
- What is mouth and oropharyngeal cancer?
- Certain fruits eaten an 'hour' before bed may 'significantly increase' sleep efficiency
- Scientists sequence Beethoven’s genome using locks of his hair
- Lemongrass: Expert opinions and healthy portions