Mark Hoppus has stage 4 lymphoma
Mark Hoppus is battling an aggressive form of lymphoma.
The Blink-182 star revealed last month he’s undergoing chemotherapy for cancer and he’s now shared further details about his illness, including the fact his blood is “trying to kill” him and he’s been diagnosed with a stage four form of the disease.
In a Twitch Q&A with Chilean fans, he said: “[I have] diffuse large B-cell lymphoma.
“My classification is stage IV-A, which means, as I understand it, it’s entered four parts of my body. I don’t know how exactly they determine the four part of it, but it’s entered enough parts of my body that I’m stage IV, which I think is the highest that it goes.
“So, I’m stage IV-A…The cancer isn’t bone-related, it’s blood-related. My blood’s trying to kill me.”
The ‘What’s My Age Again’ rocker has been undergoing intensive chemotherapy and has found the side effects tough.
He said: “The first chemo, I felt like I was a zombie that fell onto an electric fence and was just being shocked.
“The second round of chemo, I just felt very weak and tired. Really just like the worst flu ever. The third round of chemo, I started retching. Nauseous and that whole thing.”
Mark’s mother has battled the “exact form” of cancer he’s been diagnosed with so she’s proven to be a great source of help and support.
He said: “Oddly enough, we have the exact form of cancer.
“And she beat it, so I’ve been able to talk to her and bond with her quite a bit.”
The 49-year-old rocker has lost his hair as a result of his treatment but he’s managed to see the funny side.
He said: “I want to get the absolute worst toupee, so that it’s obviously not my hair, and just walk around and see how people look at me.”
Reference: Bang ShowBix: Bang Showbiz
Articles - Most Read
- LIVER DIS-EASE AND GALL BLADDER DIS-EASE
- African Wholistics - Medicines, Machines and Ignorance
- African Holistics - Seduced by Ignorance and Research
- African Wholistics -The Overlooked Revolution
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-3
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-2
- 'Tortured' and shackled pupils freed from Nigerian Islamic school
- The Children of the Sun-3
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-5
- Kidney Stones-African Holistic Health
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-4
- African Wholistics - Medicine
- The Serpent and the RainBow-The Jaguar - 2
- King Leopold's Ghost - Introduction
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-6
- The Mystery System
- The Black Pharaohs Nubian Pharaohs of Ancient Egypt
- Great Kings and Queens of Africa
- Enslavement to Emancipation
- The Children of the Sun - 4
- Medicines Machines and Ignorance-2
- Africa - A Brief History - 2
Who's On Line?
We have 29 guests and no members online
Articles - Latest
- A doctor is raising awareness for ovarian cancer symptoms after hers were mistaken for a UTI
- Normal blood testing to resume after NHS supplies bolstered by US stocks
- What's the rarest blood type?
- Oxygen therapy may slow Alzheimer’s, study finds
- The Traders are Kidnapping Our People-4-King Leopold's Ghost
- What are the signs of dyspraxia and do you have it?
- Sir Anthony Hopkins 'doesn't believe in' Asperger's diagnosis
- WHO monitoring new coronavirus variant named Mu
- Venom from one of Brazil's largest snakes could reduce COVID's ability to multiply
- Covid test that doesn't use painful swabs 'better than lateral flows'
- The Traders are Kidnapping Our People-3-King Leopold's Ghost
- Women's Sex Organ Related Dis-eases ( Herpes, V.D., Etc.)
- Tooth Decay
- Herbal Abortion
- Diabetes drug recalled after being found to contain cancer-causing chemical
- Arthritis: Three symptoms that signal your arthritis has become 'life-threatening'
- Diabetes type 2: The sign of high blood sugar on your foot that could be life-threatening
- Scientists identify cells that trigger a common hand condition
- Civil rights leader Jesse Jackson and wife admitted to hospital with COVID-19
- UK’s regulator approves first drug designed specifically to tackle Covid-19
- Aspirin trialled as part of potential treatment for type of aggressive breast cancer
- US diplomats stationed in Germany fall ill with mysterious Havana Syndrome