Earth-essences.com provides articles on the theories of “Integrative medicine” which refers to the incorporation of evidence-based complementary therapies into conventional treatments for patients.
Complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) is the popular name for health care practices that traditionally have not been part of conventional medicine. In many cases, as evidence of efficacy and safety grows, these therapies are being combined with conventional medicine.
Thus, the term alternative has been dropped and replaced with newer terms, such as complementary and integrative medicine, integrative medicine and health, or just integrative medicine.
Why it's done
Integrative medicine can help people with cancer, persistent pain, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia and many other conditions better manage their symptoms and improve their quality of life by reducing fatigue, pain and anxiety. Examples of common practices include:
- Acupuncture - Animal-assisted therapy - Aromatherapy - Dietary supplements - Massage therapy - Music therapy - Meditation
The treatments promoted in integrative medicine are not substitutes for conventional medical care. They should be used in concert with standard medical treatment.
Certain therapies and products are not recommended at all or not recommended for certain conditions or people. The National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health is a good tool for researching a therapy you're considering. It's also important to talk with your health care provider before trying something new.
Integrative medicine is meant to work in conjunction with traditional medicine, providing a more holistic approach to healing — mind, body, and spirit..
Integrative Medicine treats the whole person, not just the Disease. Reference: Mayo Clinic
No thoughts on “Home”
Articles - Most Read
- LIVER DIS-EASE AND GALL BLADDER DIS-EASE
- African Wholistics - Medicines, Machines and Ignorance
- African Holistics - Seduced by Ignorance and Research
- African Wholistics -The Overlooked Revolution
- The Children of the Sun-3
- Kidney Stones-African Holistic Health
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-3
- 'Tortured' and shackled pupils freed from Nigerian Islamic school
- The Serpent and the RainBow-The Jaguar - 2
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-2
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-4
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-5
- King Leopold's Ghost - Introduction
- African Wholistics - Medicine
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-6
- The Mystery System
- The Black Pharaohs Nubian Pharaohs of Ancient Egypt
Who's On Line?
We have 208 guests and no members online
Ad Agency Remote
Articles - Latest
- 7 Health and Nutrition Benefits of Pinto Beans
- Surgeon compared to Jimmy Savile in ‘harrowing’ report on sexual violence in NHS
- Top 5 health benefits of liver
- Five lesser-known symptoms of breast cancer that aren't feeling a lump in chest
- Top 5 health benefits of red cabbage
- Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin rushed to the hospital
- Raspberry: Health Tips From Nutrition Professionals
- The plight of King Charles moves us, but we soon tire of feeling sorry for the poor
- Salmonella outbreak linked to melon kills 18 more as cases spread
- Top 5 health benefits of aubergines
- What every man should know before they take testosterone
- If your eyes are persistently sore, you could be dealing with this lesser-known skin condition
- These are the best ways to cook with quince
- Celiac disease: Causes, symptoms and treatments
- 6 Effective Natural Methods for Lowering Cholesterol Levels without Side Effects
- BLOOD-THINNING FOODS, DRINKS, AND SUPPLEMENTS
- Herbal anticoagulant therapy: A Review on anticoagulant property of plants
- Moth Bean/Matki: Health Benefits, Nutrition
- What is EDS?