Mark Hoppus has stage 4 lymphoma
Mark Hoppus is battling an aggressive form of lymphoma.
The Blink-182 star revealed last month he’s undergoing chemotherapy for cancer and he’s now shared further details about his illness, including the fact his blood is “trying to kill” him and he’s been diagnosed with a stage four form of the disease.
In a Twitch Q&A with Chilean fans, he said: “[I have] diffuse large B-cell lymphoma.
“My classification is stage IV-A, which means, as I understand it, it’s entered four parts of my body. I don’t know how exactly they determine the four part of it, but it’s entered enough parts of my body that I’m stage IV, which I think is the highest that it goes.
“So, I’m stage IV-A…The cancer isn’t bone-related, it’s blood-related. My blood’s trying to kill me.”
The ‘What’s My Age Again’ rocker has been undergoing intensive chemotherapy and has found the side effects tough.
He said: “The first chemo, I felt like I was a zombie that fell onto an electric fence and was just being shocked.
“The second round of chemo, I just felt very weak and tired. Really just like the worst flu ever. The third round of chemo, I started retching. Nauseous and that whole thing.”
Mark’s mother has battled the “exact form” of cancer he’s been diagnosed with so she’s proven to be a great source of help and support.
He said: “Oddly enough, we have the exact form of cancer.
“And she beat it, so I’ve been able to talk to her and bond with her quite a bit.”
The 49-year-old rocker has lost his hair as a result of his treatment but he’s managed to see the funny side.
He said: “I want to get the absolute worst toupee, so that it’s obviously not my hair, and just walk around and see how people look at me.”
Reference: Bang ShowBix: Bang Showbiz
Articles - Most Read
- LIVER DIS-EASE AND GALL BLADDER DIS-EASE
- African Wholistics - Medicines, Machines and Ignorance
- African Holistics - Seduced by Ignorance and Research
- African Wholistics -The Overlooked Revolution
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-3
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-2
- 'Tortured' and shackled pupils freed from Nigerian Islamic school
- The Children of the Sun-3
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-5
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-4
- Kidney Stones-African Holistic Health
- African Wholistics - Medicine
- The Serpent and the RainBow-The Jaguar - 2
- King Leopold's Ghost - Introduction
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-6
Who's On Line?
We have 65 guests and one member online
Articles - Latest
- Autism: What is it and what are the signs that someone might have it?
- Tokyo 2020: What are the dark circles on the swimmers’ backs?
- England to scrap quarantine for fully vaccinated EU and US citizens from Aug 2
- Third of people now have serious health problems by 40s - see list of most common issues
- Ronaldo's sister is in hospital with pneumonia after catching Covid
- Deaf woman wins legal fight over sign language in Covid briefings
- NHS trust tells staff white privilege is 'going on night out and not being worried you won't get in'
- 'My husband had a bleed on the brain at 33 years old and now can't speak properly'
- Hillsong Church member, 34, dies of Covid after publicly speaking out against vaccine
- 'Superbug' fungus resistant to major drugs is found in two cities
- India reports more than 4,300 deaths from Covid-linked ‘black fungus’ infection
- Heatstroke symptoms and treatment: The signs you need to know
- 3% pay rise for NHS staff in England attacked as 'paltry, appalling and shambolic'
- Pfizer vaccine linked to Bell’s palsy after man suffers facial paralysis
- Mark Hoppus has stage 4 lymphoma
- DR ELLIE CANNON: Cramp in my calf is spreading - I blame statins
- Double jabbed: How common is it to test positive after having both vaccines?