Bruce Williamson dies after coronavirus battle
The Temptations singer - who joined the band in 2006 and sang lead on 2007's 'Back to the Front' and 2010's 'Still Here' - has reportedly passed away at the age of 49 after being diagnosed with COVID-19.The Temptations singer - who joined the band in 2006 and sang lead on 2007's 'Back to the Front' and 2010's 'Still Here' - has reportedly passed away at the age of 49 after being diagnosed with COVID-19.
A post by his son on social media revealed: "There's no words in the world that can express how I feel right now I love you Daddy thank you for being awesome thank you for being loving thank you for being Who You Are I pray to God and we will meet again. I love you Daddy R.I.H KING WILLIAMSON (sic)"
Bruce died at his home in Las Vegas, Nevada on Sunday night (06.09.20).
The Temptations were originally formed in the 1960s and was made up of founding members Otis Williams, Elbridge 'Al' Bryant, Melvin Franklin, Eddie Kendricks and Paul Williams. They saw many line up changes over the years, but Bruce was always humbled by the fact he got to sing with Otis.
Speaking in 2013, he said: "After seven years as a Temptation I am still in awe. I can remember the first time I performed with the group: at a millionaire's private birthday party, on a small stage that was erected on his tennis courts. It was a beautiful house; Stevie Wonder's house was right next door.
There was a limited amount of room on the stage, and I could not play to the crowd as Otis wanted me to. So when we got off the stage, Otis was saying, 'You have to work the crowd,' and I tried to interrupt to tell him why I was having difficulties on the small stage. But soon I got the hint to just listen to his criticism.
The next time we performed on stage together, I had enough room to work the crowd and the audience went crazy. When we went off stage Otis said, 'That's what I am talking about!' and it's been smooth sailing ever since."
Reference: Bang Showbiz 6 hrs ago: 07/09/2020
Articles - Most Read
- LIVER DIS-EASE AND GALL BLADDER DIS-EASE
- African Wholistics - Medicines, Machines and Ignorance
- African Holistics - Seduced by Ignorance and Research
- African Wholistics -The Overlooked Revolution
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-3
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-2
- 'Tortured' and shackled pupils freed from Nigerian Islamic school
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-5
- African Wholistics - Medicine
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-4
Who's On Line?
We have 44 guests and no members online
Articles - Latest
- Doctors develop urine test that can tell you if your diet is healthy in five minutes
- Parents' fury as 'thousands' of kids out of school unable to get Covid-19 tests
- 'Why wait for it?' How to predict a pandemic
- The Serpent And The Rainbow-The Frontier of Death - 2
- The Children of the Sun- Asia - 3
- The Traders are Kidnapping Our people-2 - King Leopold's Ghost
- The Traders are Kidnapping Our People - King Leopold's Ghost
- China approves 1st human trials for COVID-19 nasal spray vaccine
- Coronavirus antibodies fade after only a month, study shows
- Mum-of-two still can't walk or play with children five months after recovering from coronavirus