Sea Beet: Experts weigh in on health benefits, nutrition facts, and more
Perspective from Luciana M. Cherubin
Bachelor in Nutrition · 5 years of experience · Argentina
- Sea beet helps in the normal function of the thyroid. Edible seaweeds are some of the most sources of iodine, and sea beets are one of them. Iodine is important for the normal functioning of the thyroid.
- Sea beet promotes regular bowel movement as it is high in fiber.
Possible Side Effects
- Consume large amounts of sea beet could cause hypocalemia, kidney damage or toxicity from the plant oxalates.
Perspective from Cagla E. Kayma
Bachelor of Science Nutrition and Dietetics · 7 years of experience · UK
- Sea beet can significantly lower blood pressure after only a few hours of consumption. Sea beets are full of vitamins, minerals and medicinal plant compounds, they are low in calories and high in fiber, folate, manganese and dietary nitrates.
Possible Side Effects
- Beets are generally safe for consumption, but due to their high levels of oxalate content, they carry the risk of contributing to kidney stone formation. People with sensitive stomachs or irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) should also eat cautiously, as beets can cause digestive discomfort.
Reference: Microsoft Health Start: Story by Luciana M. Cherubin and Cagla E. Kayma
No thoughts on “Sea Beet: Experts weigh in on health benefits, nutrition facts, and more”
Articles - Most Read
- LIVER DIS-EASE AND GALL BLADDER DIS-EASE
- African Wholistics - Medicines, Machines and Ignorance
- African Holistics - Seduced by Ignorance and Research
- African Wholistics -The Overlooked Revolution
- The Children of the Sun-3
- Kidney Stones-African Holistic Health
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-3
- 'Tortured' and shackled pupils freed from Nigerian Islamic school
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-2
- The Serpent and the RainBow-The Jaguar - 2
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-4
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-5
- King Leopold's Ghost - Introduction
- African Wholistics - Medicine
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-6
- The Mystery System
- The Black Pharaohs Nubian Pharaohs of Ancient Egypt
Who's On Line?
We have 159 guests and no members online
Ad Agency Remote
Articles - Latest
- Certain fruits eaten an 'hour' before bed may 'significantly increase' sleep efficiency
- Scientists sequence Beethoven’s genome using locks of his hair
- Lemongrass: Expert opinions and healthy portions
- Dancer bitten by mosquito on holiday wakes up with no arms or legs
- Is Cayenne pepper a superfood? Find out what the experts say, get serving sizes, and health concerns
- Equatorial Guinea confirms Marburg outbreak – nine dead, 4,000 in quarantine Story by Harriet Barber
- Celtuce: Experts weigh in on health benefits, nutrition facts, and more
- Deep Vein Thrombosis : What is it & treatments Story by Dr. Kabir Sethi, DM Cardiology •
- Sea Beet: Experts weigh in on health benefits, nutrition facts, and more
- 45-year-old woman damages liver from drinking herbal brew - dangerous 'side effects' Story by Solen Le Net •
- Woman, 80, developed toxic reaction after months of using toothpaste with baking soda
- Bitter gourd: How much should you eat? The pros sound off.
- 'Liver transplant candidates' often report one of two symptoms on their tongue - study
- Watermelon: Expert opinions, health risks, and more
- Doctors warn of 'tech neck' - which could even require surgery
- What is artichoke extract good for? Find out what the experts say
- Eye drops linked to lethal infection urgently recalled: ‘Immediately stop using them’
- Ask an expert: Is it better to eat cooked onions for patients with inflammation of the esophagus?
- Angular cheilitis Warning Signs: What to Look Out For