Deep Vein Thrombosis : What is it & treatments
Acondition in which the blood clots form in veins located deep inside the body, usually in the thigh or lower legs. This can cause pain and swelling in the area.
The symptoms observed are swelling, cramping and pain in the affected area.
Deep vein thrombosis occurs when blood clots form in veins located deep inside the body, often in the legs. These blood clots form due to various reasons including damage to the veins, not moving for a long duration, and pregnancy.
Diagnosis involves physical examination and other tests to confirm the condition.
- Treatable by a medical professional
- Diagnosed by medical professional
- Often requires lab test or imaging
- Can last several months or years
- Common for ages 50 and older
- Family history may increase likelihood
- Urgent medical attention recommended in severe cases
Anticoagulants: Also known as blood thinners, are recommended to prevent the clots from rupturing, and decrease the chances of further clot formation.
Heparin . Warfarin
Thrombolytic drugs: Given intravenously to dissolve the existing clots.
No thoughts on “Deep Vein Thrombosis : What is it & treatments Story by Dr. Kabir Sethi, DM Cardiology •”
Articles - Most Read
- LIVER DIS-EASE AND GALL BLADDER DIS-EASE
- African Wholistics - Medicines, Machines and Ignorance
- African Holistics - Seduced by Ignorance and Research
- African Wholistics -The Overlooked Revolution
- The Children of the Sun-3
- Kidney Stones-African Holistic Health
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-3
- 'Tortured' and shackled pupils freed from Nigerian Islamic school
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-2
- The Serpent and the RainBow-The Jaguar - 2
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-4
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-5
- King Leopold's Ghost - Introduction
- African Wholistics - Medicine
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-6
- The Mystery System
- The Black Pharaohs Nubian Pharaohs of Ancient Egypt
Who's On Line?
We have 119 guests and no members online
Ad Agency Remote
Articles - Latest
- Everything you need to know about mangosteen
- Should I worry about my clicking joints – and stop cracking my knuckles?
- The Children Of the Sun-Asia-4
- THE HEALTH BENEFITS OF MUSTARD
- Prickly heat - expert shares four signs you have heat rash and how to treat it
- Suffering with eye eczema? Experts reveal how to treat the symptoms
- Peanut Butter Nutrition Facts and Health Benefits
- Hypertension - High Blood Pressure - Stress
- What Is Spelt, and Is It Good for You?
- Groundbreaking treatment helps repair vision after eye injury
- The Benefits of Eating Groats
- Five signs when walking that could indicate Lewy body dementia - seek medical help
- What Are Chickpeas and Are They Healthy?
- Six new medicines approved including first treatment for rare heart condition
- Peanuts 101: Nutrition Facts and Health Benefits
- What is mouth and oropharyngeal cancer?
- Certain fruits eaten an 'hour' before bed may 'significantly increase' sleep efficiency
- Scientists sequence Beethoven’s genome using locks of his hair
- Lemongrass: Expert opinions and healthy portions