Is Cayenne pepper a superfood? Find out what the experts say, get serving sizes, and health concerns
Perspective from Luciana M. Cherubin
Possible Side Effects
- Individuals with gastrointestinal diseases should not consume cayenne pepper.
- Cayenne pepper can be used daily in food or drinks. For those who cannot tolerate the taste of cayenne pepper but want to take advantage of its benefits, there are supplements in the form of capsules that you can buy in specialized stores.
Perspective from Vilte Puisyte
Possible Side Effects
- Eating too much of cayenne pepper can cause side effects, such as an upset stomach or heartburn. If you are sensitive to spice, you may also feel an uncomfortable burning sensation in your mouth.
- Cayenne pepper may also interact with certain medications, such as: blood thinners, aspirin, antacids and ACE Inhibitors.
- A single serving of cayenne pepper is 1 tbsp (7g) and contains 17kcal, 0.6g of protein, 0.9g of fat, 3g of carbohydrates and 1.4g of fibre. Cayenne pepper is safe to consume everyday in moderation.
No thoughts on “Is Cayenne pepper a superfood? Find out what the experts say, get serving sizes, and health concerns”
Articles - Most Read
- LIVER DIS-EASE AND GALL BLADDER DIS-EASE
- African Wholistics - Medicines, Machines and Ignorance
- African Holistics - Seduced by Ignorance and Research
- African Wholistics -The Overlooked Revolution
- The Children of the Sun-3
- Kidney Stones-African Holistic Health
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-3
- 'Tortured' and shackled pupils freed from Nigerian Islamic school
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-2
- The Serpent and the RainBow-The Jaguar - 2
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-4
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-5
- King Leopold's Ghost - Introduction
- African Wholistics - Medicine
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-6
- The Mystery System
- The Black Pharaohs Nubian Pharaohs of Ancient Egypt
Who's On Line?
We have 51 guests and no members online
Ad Agency Remote
Articles - Latest
- Certain fruits eaten an 'hour' before bed may 'significantly increase' sleep efficiency
- Scientists sequence Beethoven’s genome using locks of his hair
- Lemongrass: Expert opinions and healthy portions
- Dancer bitten by mosquito on holiday wakes up with no arms or legs
- Is Cayenne pepper a superfood? Find out what the experts say, get serving sizes, and health concerns
- Equatorial Guinea confirms Marburg outbreak – nine dead, 4,000 in quarantine Story by Harriet Barber
- Celtuce: Experts weigh in on health benefits, nutrition facts, and more
- Deep Vein Thrombosis : What is it & treatments Story by Dr. Kabir Sethi, DM Cardiology •
- Sea Beet: Experts weigh in on health benefits, nutrition facts, and more
- 45-year-old woman damages liver from drinking herbal brew - dangerous 'side effects' Story by Solen Le Net •
- Woman, 80, developed toxic reaction after months of using toothpaste with baking soda
- Bitter gourd: How much should you eat? The pros sound off.
- 'Liver transplant candidates' often report one of two symptoms on their tongue - study
- Watermelon: Expert opinions, health risks, and more
- Doctors warn of 'tech neck' - which could even require surgery
- What is artichoke extract good for? Find out what the experts say
- Eye drops linked to lethal infection urgently recalled: ‘Immediately stop using them’
- Ask an expert: Is it better to eat cooked onions for patients with inflammation of the esophagus?
- Angular cheilitis Warning Signs: What to Look Out For