Doctor's five tips for preventing and even 'reversing' osteoporosis
r Mahmud pointed out that every year there are over 500,000 osteoporosis-related fractures, and every month, 1,100 deaths occur following a hip fracture.
Based at London Osteoporosis Clinic, Dr Mahmud is adamant that osteoporosis is "reversible".
What is osteoporosis?
Dr Mahmud explained osteoporosis is when the bones gradually become more fragile.
"The right combination of lifestyle modifications, dietary changes, exercises can halt the progression of bone loss and even increase bone density in some cases," he said.
While prevention is indeed the best course of action, there are crucial steps that can help if you already have the condition, said Dr Mahmud.
Dr Mahmud's tips to prevent and even reverse osteoporosis
Getting enough calcium and vitamin D is an essential part of the prevention of osteoporosis and other related conditions, to promote bone growth and keep your bones healthy.
Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables, which does not just benefit your bone health, but your health overall.
Bones can also be made stronger through exercise, so at least two-and-a-half hours a week of exercise is recommended for improved strength.
Osteoporosis prevention and bone health can be improved at any age - do not feel it is too late, and consult a GP or healthcare provider for advice on how to improve your bone health.
In order to check your bone density and overall bone health, tests can be conducted, meaning you can have an idea of your situation and if you need to take action.
Ask your healthcare provider where and when you can take a bone density test.
Dr Mahmud said: "Osteoporosis prevention and bone health can be improved at any age.
"Do not feel it is too late, and consult a GP or healthcare provider for advice on how to improve your bone health."
The London Osteoporosis Clinic offers a comprehensive Bone Revive Programme, which helps patients manage and reverse their osteoporosis.
No thoughts on “Doctor's five tips for preventing and even 'reversing' osteoporosis”
Articles - Most Read
- LIVER DIS-EASE AND GALL BLADDER DIS-EASE
- African Wholistics - Medicines, Machines and Ignorance
- African Holistics - Seduced by Ignorance and Research
- African Wholistics -The Overlooked Revolution
- The Children of the Sun-3
- Kidney Stones-African Holistic Health
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-3
- 'Tortured' and shackled pupils freed from Nigerian Islamic school
- The Serpent and the RainBow-The Jaguar - 2
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-2
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-4
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-5
- King Leopold's Ghost - Introduction
- African Wholistics - Medicine
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-6
- The Mystery System
- The Black Pharaohs Nubian Pharaohs of Ancient Egypt
Who's On Line?
We have 136 guests and no members online
Ad Agency Remote
Articles - Latest
- 6 Reasons We Should Be Calling Potatoes A Superfood
- What Is Testosterone?
- 7 Health and Nutrition Benefits of Pinto Beans
- Surgeon compared to Jimmy Savile in ‘harrowing’ report on sexual violence in NHS
- Top 5 health benefits of liver
- Five lesser-known symptoms of breast cancer that aren't feeling a lump in chest
- Top 5 health benefits of red cabbage
- Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin rushed to the hospital
- Raspberry: Health Tips From Nutrition Professionals
- The plight of King Charles moves us, but we soon tire of feeling sorry for the poor
- Salmonella outbreak linked to melon kills 18 more as cases spread
- Top 5 health benefits of aubergines
- What every man should know before they take testosterone
- If your eyes are persistently sore, you could be dealing with this lesser-known skin condition
- These are the best ways to cook with quince
- Celiac disease: Causes, symptoms and treatments
- 6 Effective Natural Methods for Lowering Cholesterol Levels without Side Effects
- BLOOD-THINNING FOODS, DRINKS, AND SUPPLEMENTS
- Herbal anticoagulant therapy: A Review on anticoagulant property of plants