6 Effective Natural Methods for Lowering Cholesterol Levels without Side Effects
When it comes to managing high cholesterol levels, medication like statins may not be the only option. There are a variety of natural ways to lower your cholesterol levels without the risk of side effects. Here are six effective methods to consider:
- A diet low in saturated fats has been shown to lower total cholesterol levels and LDL cholesterol levels. A study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that a diet high in monounsaturated fats, such as olive oil, can lower total cholesterol levels by up to 14% and LDL cholesterol levels by up to 23%.
- Soluble fibre has been shown to be effective in lowering cholesterol levels. A meta-analysis of 38 studies published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that consuming 5-10 grams of soluble fibre per day can lower LDL cholesterol levels by 5-10%.Soluble fibre can be found in oats, peas, beans, apples, citrus fruits , carrots and barley
- Niacin, also known as B3, has been shown to be effective in lowering cholesterol levels. Try using intermediate time-release niacin and take it in the evening, as most cholesterol synthesis occurs during sleep.
- Plant sterols and stanols have been shown to lower cholesterol levels. A meta-analysis of 41 trials published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that an intake of 2 grams of stanols or sterols per day can reduce LDL cholesterol by 10%. Plant stanols are naturally found in small amounts in plant foods such as wholegrains, nuts, seeds, fruit, vegetables, beans, lentils and vegetable oils.
- Pantethine, B5 has been shown to significantly reduce cholesterol levels. A study published in the Journal of Lipid Research found that 900 mg per day of pantethine can lower total cholesterol by 19%, LDL cholesterol by 21%, and increase good HDL cholesterol by 23%.
- Garlic has been shown to lower cholesterol levels. A meta-analysis of 12 randomised controlled trials published in the Journal of Nutrition found that daily supplementation with garlic can lower total cholesterol levels by about 10-12%.
If you're looking for a natural way to lower your cholesterol levels, consider incorporating these methods into your lifestyle. Reference: Superfoods:
No thoughts on “6 Effective Natural Methods for Lowering Cholesterol Levels without Side Effects”
Articles - Most Read
- LIVER DIS-EASE AND GALL BLADDER DIS-EASE
- African Wholistics - Medicines, Machines and Ignorance
- African Holistics - Seduced by Ignorance and Research
- African Wholistics -The Overlooked Revolution
- The Children of the Sun-3
- Kidney Stones-African Holistic Health
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-3
- 'Tortured' and shackled pupils freed from Nigerian Islamic school
- The Serpent and the RainBow-The Jaguar - 2
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-2
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-4
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-5
- King Leopold's Ghost - Introduction
- African Wholistics - Medicine
- PART ONE: DIS-EASE TREATMENT AND HEALTH-6
- The Mystery System
- The Black Pharaohs Nubian Pharaohs of Ancient Egypt
Who's On Line?
We have 72 guests and no members online
Ad Agency Remote
Articles - Latest
- 7 Health and Nutrition Benefits of Pinto Beans
- Surgeon compared to Jimmy Savile in ‘harrowing’ report on sexual violence in NHS
- Top 5 health benefits of liver
- Five lesser-known symptoms of breast cancer that aren't feeling a lump in chest
- Top 5 health benefits of red cabbage
- Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin rushed to the hospital
- Raspberry: Health Tips From Nutrition Professionals
- The plight of King Charles moves us, but we soon tire of feeling sorry for the poor
- Salmonella outbreak linked to melon kills 18 more as cases spread
- Top 5 health benefits of aubergines
- What every man should know before they take testosterone
- If your eyes are persistently sore, you could be dealing with this lesser-known skin condition
- These are the best ways to cook with quince
- Celiac disease: Causes, symptoms and treatments
- 6 Effective Natural Methods for Lowering Cholesterol Levels without Side Effects
- BLOOD-THINNING FOODS, DRINKS, AND SUPPLEMENTS
- Herbal anticoagulant therapy: A Review on anticoagulant property of plants
- Moth Bean/Matki: Health Benefits, Nutrition
- What is EDS?